UK Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week
Our 3rd annual Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week will take place Monday 29th April to Sunday 5th May 2019.
As always, we have been working with our National partners under the Perinatal Mental Health Partnership, to coordinate the UK wide campaign, with lots of discussions taking place during the week across our PMHP Social Media.
This year, Raindrops to Rainbows are hosting events in the North East to promote our campaign week and there are plenty of ways in which you can get involved, whether you want to support us an individual, or as an organisation. So check out our scheduled events for the week to see how you can support the campaign;
- Monday 29th April Launch of our “Me for Me” Pledge. Me for Me focuses on self care, something which we all neglect from time to time. With the Me for Me pledge, you can choose what you would like to do, something that involved self care, whether that be a peaceful bubble bath, reading a book, or adding a mile onto your usual run, whatever you choose is entirely up to you. The registration for pledges will go live on Monday 29th April, so please keep an eye out on our social media for this using #MeForMe
- Tuesday 30th AprilWe will be looking at what support is available for parents to support with Perinatal Mental Illnesses. This will include a video with two of our own team members chatting about the support Raindrops to Rainbows offers aswell as a video from a nurse from our local Perinatal Team here in Teesside.
- Wednesday 1st MayFor World Maternal Mental Health Day, we are launching our annual coffee morning, which ironically is called “Tea for Me”. Tea for Me is all about getting parents together, enjoying a cup of tea or coffee, whilst meeting other parents. The focus is to open those conversations on Perinatal Mental Health. Whilst we will be hosting our own Tea for Me event at Ragworth Neighbourhood Centre in Stockton (where our office is based), we have downloadable materials so you can host your own. So whether you want to host a Tea for Me event at home with family/friends, at a local café or in the workplace, we will provide the materials for this, all you have to provide is the teas and coffees! If you host your own event, please do tag us in your social media posts and use #TeaForMe
- Thursday 2nd MayWe will be focusing on recovery. This will be across our Social Media platforms, via both our Raindrops to Rainbows pages and Perinatal Mental Health Partnership pages. Our founder, Stephanie, will also be at the Northern Perinatal Mental Heath Conference, so you may see some live tweets and updates from that.
- Friday 3rd MayWe will be looking at the virtual ‘Positivity Pot’ on Social Media, alongside our national page, Perinatal Mental Health Partnership, looking at blogs around recovery, self care and positivity. We will also be offering 2 free events at Ragworth Neighbourhood Centre in Stockton-on-Tees; a Pilates taster session for mums (babies welcome) hosted by From Bump And Beyond Fitness plus a group specifically for dads and their children (0-5yrs). For more information on how to book a place for the pilates session, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 4th May Our focus of the day will be on Paternal Mental Health. With studies confirming around 1 in 10 fathers’ mental health being affected following the birth of a baby, we want to ensure that fathers know where to reach our for support. We will be attending the Super Car Saturday event in Stockton-on-Tees to chat with fathers and families about Perinatal Mental Health, so come along and join us.
- Sunday 5th May To end the campaign week, we will be doing a recap of events and chats from the week that people may have missed. So tune in to our Social Media pages to join in the conversations.